Dallas Defense Attorney Protects Clients’ Rights in Criminal Cases
Experienced Texas lawyer provides skilled representation for serious charges
Since 1988, RICHARD CARRIZALES, P.C. has built a solid reputation for providing aggressive criminal defense advocacy on behalf of accused individuals in the greater Dallas area. If you’ve been charged with a crime, the U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to a speedy and fair trial. For over three decades, I have made it my mission to ensure my clients get the treatment and defense they’re entitled to. When you hire my law firm, your freedom becomes my top priority.
Respected legal advocate offers comprehensive criminal defense
In criminal cases, the stakes are high. If you are convicted, you face possible incarceration and costly fines, not to mention the damage to your reputation and future. So it is in your best interests to secure effective representation from a dedicated criminal defense lawyer. Among the cases I have experience handling are matters related to alleged:
- Violent crimes — Threats and acts of physical violence against another person can be prosecuted as various types of crimes. My firm defends clients against charges of assault, battery, domestic violence and homicide.
- Sex crimes — The mere allegation of sexual wrongdoing has the potential to ruin lives. Let my firm defend your rights, reputation and future if you are accused of a sex crime such as sexual assault.
- Drug crimes — Conviction of a drug crime can result in severe penalties. Using, possessing or distributing illegal drugs are offenses of varying degrees on both the state and federal level. Even in cases where a conviction is likely, I advocate for alternatives to incarceration, such as rehabilitation.
- Property crimes — If you are accused of the unauthorized taking of another’s property, you need strong legal counsel. I represent clients facing charges of theft, robbery, burglary, forgery and identity theft.
- Traffic offenses — Most traffic violations are misdemeanors, but some, like reckless driving and DWI can be treated as a felony depending on the circumstances.
In addition to my ability to spot weaknesses in the prosecution’s case, my clients benefit from my services because I seek innovative ways to reduce the severity of criminal penalties and the disruption they inflict on defendants and their families.
Established law firm provides a strong defense in felony and misdemeanor cases
Depending on the severity of the crime and any criminal history, a conviction can carry a wide range of possible outcomes. Texas, like most states, classifies crimes as either:
- Felonies — There are five categories of felonies in Texas, with capital felonies being the most serious, potentially punishable by death.
- Misdemeanors — Misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, but still potentially severe. There are three levels of misdemeanors. The most serious, a Class A misdemeanor, is punishable by up to a year in jail and fines up to $4,000.
When facing any kind of criminal charge, you deserve qualified defense counsel who will create a sound strategy to protect your rights.
Contact a knowledgeable Dallas criminal defense attorney for a free consultation
RICHARD CARRIZALES, P.C. vigorously defends the rights of clients accused of crimes throughout the greater Dallas area. My office serves clients in Dallas, Collin and Rockwall counties. Please call me at 214-821-6055 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation.